ICT Capability is one of the general capabilities in the Australian Curriculum. One element is “Investigating with ICT”. This element involves students developing an ability to
- Define and plan information searches
- Locate, generate and access data and information
- Select and evaluate data and information.
So, what does this look like in your classroom?
- Using the library catalogue to locate information
- Using a search engine to locate information
- Use of mind maps to plan
- Develop questions to guide research
- Use of OneNote to take notes
- Verifying the validity of the information provided
- Explain the usefulness of the located information
- In evaluating information creating explicit and implicit criteria
- Use a range of digital resources including databases, newspapers, digital books, websites etc
- Use simple search functions like key words
- Use advanced search tools like selected country, time frame, file type, language, domain, etc